Thursday, November 20, 2008

Funny dates stories


I think I am one of a list of many who have the funniest date stories.  Here goes.

I was invited on a date to Madison Square Garden to watch the WNBA play.  I cannot remember who Liberty was playing at that time.  So he said to me that he always goes to their games and that he better not catch any of my boyfriends out here.  I was like ok, whatever that was supposed to mean.  I am not a women's basketball fan, but I liked Scottie Pippen, so I thought watching Liberty play should be interesting.  So we went inside and took our seats.  I sat on the inside seat while he had the aisle seat.  He made a trip to the to the concession stand for some snacks, like a good date should, and returned promptly.  I began to watch the game, which I must say, was quite interesting.  

Then all of a sudden, I heard something.  So I turned to my right, which is where my date was sitting, to find out what the commotion was about.  I looked up and there was my date's girlfriend who approached him and began yelling "So is this how you work overtime!!!"  Every person that was in the vicinity of our seats just locked into my date and his girlfriend arguing. So I kept my cool while he argued with her, but made sure to keep my good eye on her just in case she wanted to get a piece of me too.  They must of went on for about a good minute.  So she walked away and he proceeded to sink in his chair like a tortoise retreats into its shell for protection.  He says to me "I've never been so embarrassed before".  I replied, "Well you should be".

Needless to say, we never spoke again.

So what was your funny dating story?

No comments: