Thursday, November 20, 2008

Life gets no better than this


So I am sitting in Math class a few weeks ago trying to understand Algebra & Trigonometry and thinking to myself, is this necessary? Then all of a sudden I hear my Math teacher say "This is it boys and girls. Life gets no better than this. You see Hollywood, that is fantasy world. Success is owning a car and having a job. This is as good as it gets". The class was just stunned. I looked at him and said that I was happy he was not a counselor. And then I got to thinking, "Is this it to life"?

My definition of life and achieving success is much different then my teacher's. I know that everyone is put on earth for a reason, even though we might not understand it yet. And success, well, that is enjoying all the fruits of your labor. I owned a condo at one point, and I currently own a car. So, is this how good it will get?

2 comments:

CODE RED ENTERTAINMENTS said...

Well u cant blame the teacher.....cuz his life doesn't get better than that but you my friend have your own life to live. You make it what you choose.

Questions or Comments find me @

http://www.coderedent.blogspot.com

The Lady Jai said...

life is as great as u make it up in ur mind 2b. maybe 4 him thats good enuff, and 4 alot ppl it is. thats a good life right now, too, to me, but i know i can and will do much better than my current situation implies.

how fun the life a math teacher be any way? lol